Did you that your state government may be safekeeping funds for you? If a company owes you money but can’t locate you, it may be required to escheat (transfer control of) the funds to the state. The state will keep that property for you, free of charge. However, the state may not make efforts to contact you – you need to check it out!

If you go to www.unclaimed.org, you can select the state you wish to search. Each state holds unclaimed funds separately, so you will need to check with each state where you lived. Nearly half of Fuller & Fuller employees were listed with Washington State, and some of them were owed more than $100! Upon confirmation of the claim, the State will send out a refund check – it’s just that easy!

by Fuller & Fuller Attorneys at Law
Last updated on - Originally published on

Posted in: Newsletter